Entry Profile & Prerequisites
This program is inclined towards serious developers and is designed for individuals with proficiency in any programming language and who are comfortable with building working applications. At the minimum, the learner should be comfortable with basic programming concepts and syntax (functions, recursion, expressions, basic concepts such as loops, conditional statements, etc.). Learners should expect to spend around 6 hours a week practicing what they learn during the latter part of the sessions, completing assignments and doing independent research to strengthen their understanding of the material covered.
The learner, after completion of this program, will be able to:
- Understand the various features of the Cardano Blockchain Platform.
- Gain proficiency in Haskell programming and its pertinence to Cardano smart contracts.
- Be proficient in Smart Contract Development on Cardano using Plutus.
- Be conversant with Marlowe smart contract development and be able to write basic financial smart contracts.
What will you learn
The learner will understand the various features of the Cardano blockchain platform, gain proficiency in Haskell Programming and its pertinence to Cardano Smart Contracts, be conversant with Marlowe smart contract development and write basic financial smart contracts and have a good understanding of Cardano from both a technical design orientation and a development perspective.
Gain an in-depth understanding of Plutus / Haskell development, and you would be able to create full-blown incentivized native tokens and smart contract-based applications. Grasp a functional understanding of how to port solidity smart contracts from the Ethereum platform to the KEVM TestNet and further. With an emphasis on hands-on activities topped off with a capstone project, this program is meant for serious application developers to gain a strong command of public blockchain application development using the Cardano platform.
This program is aimed towards providing foundational knowledge of Cardano development. It will enable the learner to apply public blockchain solutions on the Cardano platform successfully and create disruptive decentralized P2P solutions in various real-world use cases. Building on the previous concepts, the latter sections aim to provide a comprehensive expert view of Plutus-based smart contract development. They will enable the learner to understand the programming aspects of this platform and understand the entire lifecycle of Cardano Development truly.
Blockchain Architecture & Design:
- What is Blockchain?
- Why is blockchain so revolutionary?
- History of Money.
- Bitcoin, PoW, UTXOs and everything, Discussions.
- Bitcoin Design.
- Cryptocurrency Aspects.
- Consensus Algorithms - Classical - RAFT, PAXOS.
- Consensus Algorithms - Classical - PBFT, TENDERMINT.
- Consensus Algorithms – Modern.
- Basic & Programmable Blockchains, Account based models.
- Tokens - Concepts, Uses, Economics .
- Blockchain Universe - High level view.
- DAOs, Oracles.
- Blockchain Scalability Solutions.
- Compliance & Regulation.
- Use Cases (Metaverse).
- Use Case Analysis & Design Discussion.
- Introduction to Cardano.
- Importance of Cardano.
- Introduction to Cardano Algorithm-Part 1.
- Introduction to Cardano Algorithm-Part 2.
- Concepts related to Cardano-Part 1.
- Concepts related to Cardano-Part 2.
- Introduction to Cardano Wallet-Part 1.
- Introduction to Cardano Wallet-Part 2.
Haskell In Depth:
- Intro To Haskell.
- Data Types.
- Recursive Patterns And Polymorphism.
- Higher Order Functions.
- Type Classes.
- Monad Transformers.
- Project Mentoring & Presentation.
- Project Mentoring.
- Project Presentation.
- Marlowe Concepts & Demo.
- Marlowe Handson.
Cardano + Plutus:
- Introduction to Cardano Toolchain.
- Cardano binaries Setup.
- Developer Tools.
- Deep Dive - Cardano Concepts.
- Deep Dive - Transaction Structure.
- Deep Dive - Plutus Smart Contracts.
- Deep Dive - Transaction Metadata.
- Deep Dive - Native Tokens.
- Overview - Plutus Build Tools.
- Overview - Various Forms of Plutus.
- Plutus Prerequisites Setup - Linux Commands.
- Plutus Playground – Demo.
- Plutus Samples Walkthrough.
- Plutus Advanced Samples Walkthrough.
- Plutus PAF, PAB, DApp Connector.
- Overview - KEVM / Milkomeda Sidechain.
- Glow, IELE, K-Framework.
- Plutus Project Assignment.
- Project Mentoring & Presentation.
This Course Includes
- LMS access for the duration of the program duration.
- Access to all course material such as presentations, pdf books, video content and assessments for the program through the LMS.
- Online Live training sessions with industry experts.
- 1 Special industry speaker session.
- Mentoring sessions during project work.
Terms and Conditions
- EMURGO reserves the right to admission for any of its courses being offered either offline classroom-led, Online live, or self-paced.
- Although EMURGO defines its batch start dates well in advance, in the unlikely event of any change of dates/batch cancellation EMURGO shall be the sole decision-maker on the announcement of the new batch dates.